Descendants of Lyman L. Jones
Generation No. 1
1. LYMAN L.1 JONES. He married a woman whose last name was HOTCHKIN.
Child of LYMAN JONES and Ms. HOTCHKIN is:
Generation No. 2
2. NOAH HOTCHKIN2 JONES (LYMAN L.1) was born November 17, 1825 in Parma, Monroe County, New York, and died January 23, 1912 in Kinderhook, Michigan. He married SARAH JANE FLINT May 19, 1850 in Eckford, Michigan, daughter of ASERYL FLINT and SALOME SUMNER.
Notes for NOAH HOTCHKIN JONES:
Noah H. Jones was a farmer in Kinderhook, Michigan. He died of Catarrhal Bronchitis at 86 years, 2 months and 5 days. He originally came from Parma, Monroe County, New York state. His father was Lyman L. Jones and his mother's maiden name was Hotchkice or Hotchkins. At the age of 18, he and his parents moved to Spring Arbor, Jackson County, Michigan. In 1852, he and Sarah Jane came to Kinderhook and bought a farm across from Silver Lake. He was a member of the Free Will Baptist Church of Kinderhook. At various times he was elected to township offices and as deputy sheriff and held the esteem and respect of the entire community. Interment is at the Knauss cemetery.
Born Sarah Jane Flint in Middleberry, Vermont, she died in Kinderhook of stoppage of bowels at 77 years, 1 month and 21 days. Her father was Aseryl Flint and mother was Salome Sumner.
Children of NOAH JONES and SARAH FLINT are:
Generation No. 3
3. GEORGE N.3 JONES (NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) was born November 04, 1854 in Kinderhook, Michigan, and died December 13, 1915 in Kinderhook, Michigan. He married ALICE WELKER December 06, 1876 in Kinderhook, Michigan, daughter of ERASTUS WELKER and ANN CLAY.
Child of GEORGE JONES and ALICE WELKER is:
Generation No. 4
4. NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES (GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) was born October 30, 1879 in Fremont, Indiana, and died January 20, 1922 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She married HARRY MILTON LAFLER December 06, 1904 in Kinderhook, Michigan, son of MILTON LAFLER and HELEN PARKER.
Notes for NELLIE ETHELYN JONES:
Nellie was considered a very bright young lady. She was in the top ten of her class academically, Vice President of her class and class Prophet. Following graduation, she became Branch County Deputy Register of Deeds for three years. It was during this time she met Harry Lafler and they were married in 1904. They moved to Chicago where Harry was a Conductor for the Chicago City Railroad Company. !n 1906, when Nellie was pregnant, they purchased a farm and moved back to Kinderhook, Michigan. They lived in Kinderhook until Nellie became very ill when they moved to Coldwater to be near medical care. Her situation became worse and she was transferred to the University of Michigan Hospital were she was diagnosed with pernicious anemia and at the age of 42 years, 2 months & 21 days she passed away in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Notes for HARRY MILTON LAFLER:
In his early years, Harry was a Railroad Conductor on the New York Central Line. Traveled from New York to Chicago. Since the line went through Coldwater, Michigan, it is believed that on one of these stops he met his future wife, Nellie Jones, of Kinderhook, which is a small four corners south of Coldwater. During one of his stopovers in Chicago, he decided to work for the Chicago City Railway Company. After they were married, Harry and Nellie moved to Chicago and lived there for about two years, when Nellie became pregnant with my mother. In early 1906, they moved back to Kinderhook, where Helen was born. Harry became a farmer and carpenter in Kinderhook. Four years later she was joined by a sister, Ethelyn.
The family made numerous trips back to Lockport, NY to visit Lafler brothers and sisters. When Nellie died at the young age of 43, Harry moved back to New York to work on the family farms in Lockport. When he got older and had to depend on help, he moved in with his youngest daughter, Ethelyn and her family, in Syracuse, NY. He lived there for many years when in his late 70's he moved back to Coldwater to stay with his older daughter, Helen and her family. Shortly after, he died of a heart attack at age 82. As his grandson, I clearly remember his infectious laugh. When television came on the scene he greatly enjoyed the comedy hours, such as Milton Berle, Red Skeleton, etc. He couldn't see well in his later years and would set nearly within three feet of the TV set and laugh.
All of Harry's siblings were hard working farmers except Alfred (Burt), who owned the country grocery store and had a horse drawn wagon to deliver the groceries around the country side until his later years when he owned a truck.
Children of NELLIE JONES and HARRY LAFLER are:
Generation No. 5
5. ALICE HELEN5 LAFLER (NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) was born February 04, 1906 in Kinderhook, Michigan, and died November 01, 1997 in Coldwater, Michigan. She married LLOYD GRAVES HILL June 17, 1928 in Kinderhook, Michigan, son of ARDEN HILL and MAUDE GRAVES.
Helen lived to the ripe old age of 91 years, 8 months and 27 days. She passed away November 1, 1997 of congenital heart disease.
Although Lloyd lived to age 84, he suffered for 7 long years with Alzheimer's and spent the final 2 years of his life in a nursing home when his wife could no longer care for him.
Children of ALICE LAFLER and LLOYD HILL are:
5. ETHELYN HARRIETT5 LAFLER (NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married RONALD NELSON MCARTHUR, son of NELSON MCARTHUR and MARGARET ROBERTS.
In 1999, Ron turned 90 and lived until just past his 91st birthday. He took suddenly ill and died March 26, 2000 of kidney failure.
Child of ETHELYN LAFLER and RONALD MCARTHUR is:
Generation No. 6
6. RICHARD LEE6 HILL (ALICE HELEN5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married (1) MARY ELIZABETH WAY. He married (2) MONICA LOUISE HELLNER
Children of RICHARD HILL and MARY WAY are:
6. JOANN MARIE6 MCARTHUR (ETHELYN HARRIETT5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married JOHN THOMAS JIM
Children of JOANN MCARTHUR and JOHN JIM are:
Generation No. 7
7. MARTHA LOUISE7 HILL (RICHARD LEE6, ALICE HELEN5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married JEFFREY HURLEY
Children of MARTHA HILL and JEFFREY HURLEY are:
7. REBECCA SUSAN7 HILL (RICHARD LEE6, ALICE HELEN5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married MICHAEL REED
Children of REBECCA HILL and MICHAEL REED are:
7. SARAH ANNE7 HILL (RICHARD LEE6, ALICE HELEN5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married JAMES SETA
Child of SARAH HILL and JAMES SETA is:
7. JOHN DAVID JIM (JOANN MARIE MCARTHUR6, ETHELYN HARRIETT5 LAFLER, NELLIE ETHELYN4 JONES, GEORGE N.3, NOAH HOTCHKIN2, LYMAN L.1) married JANA K. LAUDEMAN in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Child of JOHN JIM and JANA LAUDEMAN is:
8. i. KARI LAURAN JIM