Descendants of Albert G. Hyland
Generation No. 1
1. ALBERT G.1 HYLAND was born February 10, 1851 in Delaware County, Ohio, and died November 23, 1932. He married ROMINE MCCOOL February 16, 1872 in Stuben County, Indiana.
Children of ALBERT HYLAND and ROMINE MCCOOL are:
Generation No. 2
2. DELBERT2 HYLAND (ALBERT G.1) was born February 09, 1879 in Columbia, Ohio, and died January 29, 1942 in Quincy, Michigan. He married MINA CAIN February 22, 1905 in Williams County, Ohio, daughter of ISAAC CAIN and HARRIETT MARKS.
Children of DELBERT HYLAND and MINA CAIN are:
Generation No. 3
3. WEIR G.3 HYLAND (DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) was born August 01, 1911 in Camden, Michigan, and died July 11, 1981 in Coldwater, Michigan. He married WILMA GRACE HILL February 08, 1932 in Coldwater, Michigan, daughter of ARDEN HILL and MAUDE GRAVES. WILMA was born June 18, 1907, Coldwater, Michigan and died December 23, 2007, in Dayton, Ohio; she lived for 100 years, 6 months, 5 days.
WEIR was born in the rural area of Camden, Michigan and was raised on a farm during his early years. Hard work was a part of his upbringing. Later his parents moved to the Coldwater area, again on a farm. Soon it was discovered that Weir was a fine athlete and excelled in football and basketball where he lettered at CHS. His athletic talents managed to relieve him of a few chores but not too many. He graduated from CHS in 1930. Shortly after he became a member of the Michigan Army National Guard in Coldwater joining his soon-to-be brother-in-law, Lloyd Hill, in the 126th Infantry unit. He and his wife, Wilma, loved the movies and dancing. Weir worked as a Sheriff's Deputy in Branch County for many years before being employed at Federal-Mogul Corporation in the shipping department. He also had a very fine singing voice and was a member of the First Presbyterian Church choir for many years. He loved singing to his four young children as they gathered around him nearly every evening.
WILMA was the first Hill child born in the home at 78 Green St. in Coldwater, Michigan. She has many fond memories of growing up there as she related in a book she wrote at the tender age of 89 about the Hill and Hyland families. The book is entitled " Wilma and Weir and Family" and is registered in the Genealogy room at the Branch County Library. She graduated from Coldwater High School and prior to marriage, she worked for George Austin, a building contractor. After raising her family, she worked in the office at Federal Mogul where she retired in 1972. Over the years, Weir and Wilma and four children lived in many different homes and another of Wilma's many talents emerged. She was an accomplished Interior Decorator. Undoubtedly, this attribute flowed from her artistic father, Arden. Wilma was also recognized for her culinary skills and in fact, it has been said that she made the best lemon pie in the state of Michigan. She made a recipe book of special dishes as a gift to her grandchildren. Wilma was known as an extremely active and vibrant person right up to the end. She was still driving at the age of 97, albeit only making right turns so she wouldn't have to cross traffic. She was a 60 year devoted member of the First Presbyterian Church of Coldwater and deeply engaged with her family of four children, six grandchildren and twelve great grandchildren and three great-great grandchildren.
Children of WEIR HYLAND and WILMA HILL are:
4. MILDRED3 HYLAND (DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) was born December 10, 1906 in Camden, Michigan, and died August 20, 1976 in Litchfield, Michigan. She married RAYMOND PURDY August 17, 1934.
Children of MILDRED HYLAND and RAYMOND PURDY are:
5. GEORGE WILLIS3 HYLAND (DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) was born February 22, 1914 in Camden, Michigan, and died February 25, 1977 in Elkhart, Indiana. He married ROMAIN RICH August 04, 1940.
Child of GEORGE HYLAND and ROMAIN RICH is:
Generation No. 4
4. NANCY LOU4 HYLAND (WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married JOHN W. BURTCH
Children of NANCY HYLAND and JOHN BURTCH are:
MARYJO4 HYLAND (WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married DARYL E. ALLEN
Children of MARYJO HYLAND and DARYL ALLEN are:
4. SUNNY4 HYLAND (GEORGE WILLIS3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1)
Child of SUNNY HYLAND is:
Generation No. 5
5. GARY WILLIAM5 BURTCH (NANCY LOU4 HYLAND, WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married FAYE HOFFER
Children of GARY BURTCH and FAYE HOFFER are:
5. LYNN RENE'5 BURTCH (NANCY LOU4 HYLAND, WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married DONALD WELTY
Children of LYNN BURTCH and DONALD WELTY are:
5. LISA LYNN5 ALLEN (MARYJO4 HYLAND, WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married PHILLIP WARNER.
Children of LISA ALLEN and PHILLIP WARNER are:
5. TANIS5 ALLEN (MARYJO4 HYLAND, WEIR G.3, DELBERT2, ALBERT G.1) married STEPHEN ROSOFF
Children of TANIS ALLEN and STEPHEN ROSOFF are:
Generation No. 6